Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Egg Hunt and Pictures with the Easter Bunny

First I want to give everyone an update on my Lyla. We traveled to Dupont Children"s Hospital on Thursday, April 7. We saw Dr. Bober and he gave her a very thorough examination. She got her first cold on March 29th and I had explained to Dr. Bober that I was waiting for the ear infection. I was like....."Ok here come the ear infections"! Since then Lyla has been very healthy. I took her to the pediatrician on Saturday, April 2 to see if there was an ear infection and the Dr. said she had fluid in her ears but they were not infected. Dr. Bober then explained that if her ears do not drain on their own that she would definitely have to get ear tubes very soon. So after Dr. Bober's exam, they did x-rays and he basically said Lyla looks great and that he has no major concerns other then her ears having fluid. Eddie took her back to the pediatrician on April 8th and the Dr. said no ear infection and no FLUID!!!!! Yeah!!!! She survived her first cold with no ear infection. I don't know how this could be but I'll take it!!! Woohoo!!!

Now lets get back to our egg hunt. I started an annual Egg Hunt in my neighborhood four years ago right before Emma was born. I came up with this idea one day just sitting around. Each house would put eggs on their front lawn and we would walk around the neighborhood with all the families we would go on a giant egg hunt. I make signs for all the houses and each family must hang the "Egg Sign" on their front door so the kids know which houses have eggs. Each year all the houses get involved and it is a huge event for the children. I know these things sound corny but I am all about the CHILDREN! I just wanted to start a nice tradition for the children of our community (I started many other traditions too but they come later in the year!) My husband dresses up as the "Easter Bunny" and it is so hilarious! Every year I almost pee my pants watching him come out of our house to greet all the kids. This year he was the best damn Easter Bunny in the world! So cool and funny with the kids! Walking around High-Fiving, taking pictures with all the families. It is so great! Everyone loves it! I do feel bad for him though cause he says the costume is soooo hot! Here are some pics of our huge 4th annual egg hunt. With us as the host and hostess!


Emma and her friends waiting for the Easter Bunny!


Lyla with her bunny ears!


My wonderful hubby aka...Easter Bunny!


Posing with the kids



More pics with the Easter Bunny


Group shot



I tried to get Lyla in the group shot

Emma going house to house with the Easter Bunny

Emma and her cousin Katie


getting eggs

My niece Katie getting in on the action!

Emma with her friends



Back home making easter eggs!


8 comments:

  1. I am so happy that Lyla is doing so well. That is awesome. I also wanted to tell you thank so much for your kind words on my "Why" post it means alot to have you all to vent to. You are the best!!! I love the annual egg hunt. I love all the pics!! Tell you husband he did a great pic too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun!! Easter is such a fun time of year with kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this tradition. What a great idea! I cannot remember if you said you lived in MIller Place or Wading River-I have a friend that built a house out there. I love your house too-so pretty. SO happy to see Lyla is doing so well! YAY! Pres suffered with ear infections until he got tubes. We're now on the third set. Hoping these stay in a bit longer. I love all the pictures. The kids really had a great time. Love the child with the Derek Jeter egg hunt bag. That is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great tradition! It looks like the kids had a blast, and that Easter Bunny...wow! What a guy! Emma is simply adorable in her bunny ears. I just bought some for Liam today, hoping to get a pic of him inside his Easter basket (if he isn't too chunky to fit!) Looking forward to seeing your other fun holiday traditions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I meant...LYLA is adorable in her bunny ears! And Emma is adorable no matter what she's wearing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for a good checkup! Excellent News :0)
    You are so creative organizing the neighborhood egg hunt. What a fun idea! ... and your husband, hello?! What a good sport to be the "Easter Bunny".
    The girls are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I say your post on Caden and Mommy's blog and wanted to say hello! I'm Sheri, mom to Lilah (pronounced the same as your youngest but spelled differently!)
    I think your idea is SO great for the kids and looks like they all had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy to hear that Lyla's appointment with Dr. Bober went so well and that she is doing so great!
    What a fantastic tradition you have started for your kids and all of the community kids! Love the pictures - the kids look like they had a blast! How awesome that your husband dresses up as the Easter Bunny every year too! Lyla is adorable with her bunny ears!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on our wonderful life! Xoxo Leslie