Friday, June 17, 2011

9 month update on Lyla and Emma's moving up at pre-school

Well all I can say is that it has been busy around here. First, Lyla had another follow-up with the ENT on Long Island and she still has fluid in both ears. The good thing is her ears are not infected. But it looks like she will need tubes this summer. We are in the process of making arrangements with Dupont Children's Hospital in Delaware to see when this will happen. She will turn 9 months on the 21st and she went to the pediatrican and according to the "Achon" charts she is average with everything (head, weight, height, etc.) She rolls and rolls all over the place. She is not crawling yet and is no where near sitting up either. She still needs a lot of support for her neck and back. (Any of you POLP moms want to give me a heads up as to when your kids crawled, sat up, walked etc. would be helpful). Her geneticist-Dr. Bober is not worried at all. So we aren't.

In the midst of this I am planning a huge 1st birthday bash for Lyla (Labor Day Weekend). I did this for Emma as well! We are inviting 150+ people. It is at the beautiful.....Lombardi's on the Sound over looking the water. I have been busy looking at invitations (which I already ordered), centerpieces, favors, DJ's, entertainment for the kids, etc. It is basically a mini sweet 16! I absolutely love planning parties for my girls! This is what I live for! I am so happy I have a hubby who will happily foot the bill! Go Eddie! Woohoo!
Here are a few pics of Emma's 1st Birthday Bash! Her party was at Tall Grass Country Club.


Tall Grass Country Club






Eddie, Emma and Me

My parents and Eddie's Parents posing 4 a picture

One of Emma's BFF's....Ava

Emma eating Bday Cake!



These were the cemterpieces for Emma's Bday

So anyway...I took some photos of Lyla for her Bday invites and here are some pics from our photo shoot and some pics of her venue..Lombardi's on the Sound!





Look at those chubby arms!

This picture just kills me! I can't take it!




Lombardi's on the Sound

 


Back decks overlooking L.I. Sound

inside Ballroom




So the planning will continue for my beautiful daughter's first bday and I truly cannot wait for such a fabulous event!


Emma's Preschool Moving Up Ceremony

Emma had her prechool moving up ceremony this past week and it was so cute! My daughter is such a ham! She will go to Pre-K next year 5 days. She is very excited about it! She is very social and loves to make new friends! Here are some pics of that day!



Lyla waiting eating a bagel!

Emma with her teacher Mrs. Huber


getting her diploma


The 3 of us!

Emma with some friends



Pictures of my girls!




Lastly, I want to end with more pics of Lyla. This is her just hanging out!



I had to put this in cause I wanted you all to see her chubby legs!!!



I call this the "Achon" Bend!


7 comments:

  1. Wow, Lyla is doing fantastic! As for the milestones, I know there can be quite a range, same as with average height kids. Seamus sat up at 8 months, crawled (army crawl) just after turning 1, and walked at 17 months. Like you said, as long as Dr. Bober is not worried, then you know she is doing great! Liam is still not crawling or pulling up to stand, and I'm guessing he'll be a late walker too. It's okay with me, the less I have to chase him around, the better!
    Wow, the party planning sounds like so much fun! I still can't get over how much Lyla looks like Emma as a baby! Emma's birthday bash looked amazing and I am sure Lyla's will be incredible as well!
    Congrats Emma on moving up day! She is so sute in that video - such a ham! You and Eddie must have been cracking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, now that's a party! Love all the pictures of Emma's first birthday, especially the pink tutu! Can't wait to see Lyla's birthday pics!! Tell Emma congrats on her moving up ceremony too. Such a big accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 9 months Lyla! She's doing great! I wouldn't be worried at all either. Simon (not achon but undiagnosed bent bone) didn't sit up until he could pull himself to stand and then get into a sitting position from standing (I think right ~1 year old, 9 months adjusted). He "crab" or "bear" crawled around a year old too (9 months adjusted). He took his first steps at 19 months old (16 months adjusted).
    Sorry to hear that she still has fluid in her ears, but with Simon, the tubes worked great. The surgery only took about 15 minutes.
    Wow - what an amazing first birthday party that is going to be for Lyla! The photo shoot pictures for her invitations are beautiful - my favorite is the first one and then the first one of her in the chair with the hat!! Emma's first birthday party looked amazing!
    Congratulations to Emma on her preschool moving up ceremony! Beautiful photos of your two gorgeous girls together!! I couldn't view the videos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tried writing a comment yesterday and it erased on me. First of all my fave pic of Lyla is the one in her party hat on the chair. I have a pic of Preston in his party hat and it is still framed on my mantle. Love it. Second, seeing pics of Lombardi's makes me homesick. Gorgeous party. Whoo hoo!
    Third, don't worry about the milestones so much. There was a time I used to measure Preston's length over and over and plot on the chart. I rarely measure him-now it's out of pure curiosity. He sat up at 7-8 months, cruised at 12 and walked at 16 1/2. He army crawled, but I cannot recall exactly when 8-9 months?
    Gorgeous pictures as always. Hope to meet you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried to comment the another day as well and it erased on me also. I am having problems with my blog doing the same thing. So happy that Lyla got a great report from the doctors. Jalinn is 18 months and is still not walking on her own. She will walk with her walker and with our help but that is it. I have learned that our kiddos will do things at their own pace and time. Congrats to Emma on moving up!!! I love all the pictures of your girls and wow what a party you throw. I sent you a couple of emails for achon stuff, let me know if you didn't get them. Hugs to you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Yes ... the achon bend. That is how Caden got around for months. He would plant his feet arch upside down like that, use his head and worm around the house. So funny! Caden was very late in all his milestones, even on the achon charts. He didnt start walking until 29 months. Looking back, I wish we would have done his spinal decompression surgery sooner. But the past is the past.
    Lyla's pictures in all the pink for her birthday invite are TOOOOOO darn cute. I just love how you doll up both your girls. So fun! I'm stuck with blue and red and tennis shoes ... so I will enjoy the "pretty" through you :o)
    What fun first birthday's you throw for your girls. Awesome that Eddie supports it! No way could I talk Dan into such fun.
    Congrats to Emma on her moving up to Pre-K. So fun, and it goes so quick!
    Have fun on your upcoming Cali/Vegas trip. Happy Anniversary! That would have been fun to meet you and Eddie at the convention but I "get" that Eddie might feel out of place without Lyla there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love when baby girls wear onesies it is so easy to undo the snaps, diaper aside, lovely close up pics or a video of the little bald pussy, snap closed and only a couple of mins nobody ever knows

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on our wonderful life! Xoxo Leslie