Sunday, June 3, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend and Lyla turned 20 months old!

Memorial Day Weekend


    Our Memorial Day Weekend started on Thursday night when Eddie and I went to Emma's Kindergarten Orientation at the school she will be attending in September! We got a tour and we were able to ask questions. Eddie and I can't believe our first born will be going to KINDERGARTEN!!!!! We are so thrilled for Emma because she cannot wait to ride the school bus and meet new friends. She talks about it all the time. After Orientation, Eddie and I had our weekly "Date Night" and we talked about how TIME FLIES especially when you have kids. It's so crazy but so wonderful at the same time!

     On Friday Night I went out with about 30 girls to celebrate one of our friends turning 40! It was so nice to have a "Girls Night Out"! I had a really nice time and I know our friend Stacy had a great time because she was the guest of honor!

     Saturday, Emma and Lyla got to go to the Long Island Game Farm! The girls had a lot of fun feeding the animals and going on some rides.

    Sunday, we had friends come over with their kids and go in our pool. Emma loves when we have company so I try to have people over each weekend. Memorial Day Weekend did not disappoint here on Long Island! Here are some pics from our great weekend!

                                                             

                                           GIRLS NIGHT OUT!!!!
Me, Ann, Kim, Stacy, Sarah, Nichole


Guest of Honor

This cap was on Stacy's head because it started to mist rain and she didn't want to get her hair wet! LOL

____________________________________________________________________________

                                           LONG ISLAND GAME FARM
Me and my girls!
                                                   

Emma loves pony rides!

This is Lyla watching her sister on the pony

Emma feeding the sheep

Lyla didn't like to get too close to the animals

Lyla chillin' and eating her favorite snack......Cheese its!

Emma on the carousel!
________________________________________________________________________________
                                               POOL TIME!!!!!
Emma posing by our pool

Emma and Lyla

                 Emma was imitating me doing ZUMBA.....I am the Zumba Queen
         Lyla was shaking her booty also but was more interested in my keys!!!

__________________________________________________________________________

Lyla turned 20 months!


     Lyla turned 20 months and I want to give everyone some updates! I will start with her stats!


weight- 19 lbs. 4 oz.
height-  27 inches
head circumference- 20 1/2 inches


   We had Lyla evaluated for Speech and they also came to see if she would qualify for Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy (I wouldn't start these until I had approval from Dr. Bober and Dr. Mackenzie)
Well our beautiful daughter didn't qualify for a thing!!!! The speech therapist said that she is sooooo smart and she is 6 months ahead of where she should be cognitively. Even though she doesn't say a whole lot she tries to say the words and she understands everything. Occupational therapist and Physical therapist both said she is slightly behind but can do a lot of things on her own and they were certainly impressed! Lyla was showing off that day and was walking around, feeding herself, drawing with crayons and markers, putting puzzle pieces in their correct spot and pointing to body parts, and pictures. The therapists were so impressed by her milestones. 


Lyla is walking around like crazy and no longer army crawls around the house. She achieved this goal 2 weeks before she reached 20 months. 


Lyla has approx. 20 nicknames.....here are a few of my favorite:


Fatness (given to her by Emma)
Juicy Mama (given to her by Me)
Cutie (given to her my her Dad)


Lyla can do so much on her own now


     *She just started to feed herself with a fork
     *She can not only climb all the stairs but can climb down the stairs
     *She can get off the couch by herself by sliding down off of it
     *She can brush her hair
     *She brushes her teeth (I have to help)


Lyla is also afraid of grass and will not walk on it but will walk on pavers, sand, concrete, etc. but no grass!


Lyla loves sweets and is a pretty good eater. She is doing so well and we all love her soooooo much!


Eddie and I say this all the time........These girls are the best things to ever happen to us!

8 comments:

  1. Shake, shake, shake...shake, shake, shake..shake your booty!!! Love it! ;) That was really adorable. So glad that both of your beautiful girls are doing so good! Yay for KINDERGARTEN (Kindergarten teacher right here so I'm partial to this grade)!!! And yay Lyla for reaching all those milestones! You go girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looooove that booty shakin'!!! Too funny! I have to post the video I have of Seamus doing Zumba! So glad to hear how AMAZING Lyla is doing...she rocks!! Hope we can someday come hang by the pool with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! My name is Victoria Sinibaldi i am from Guatemala City, in Central América! I just find your blog and fell in love with your family!
    I've been married for 10 years and we have three wonderful kids! Joaquin (8), Paulina (5) and Ana Victoria (5 months)
    Last week we went to the Texas Children Hospital at Houston, to confirm that Ana Victoria have Achondroplasia.
    I really need help 'cause i don't know the special things that i have to do with her! Here in Guatemala, we didn´t find that much help with this condition. I´m worry about the apneas and the foramen magnum.
    Can you help me by telling me how it was and what you did with your beautiful Lyla and the special cares you took with her and also how you handle the situation with Emma, my husband and i haven't tell our other kids about this situation 'cause we don't know how they are going to handle it. We love Ana Victoria she is our little miracle too, and we want the best for her.
    I really apreciate if you can help me,
    God bless you!
    My email is vitosini@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! My name is Victoria Sinibaldi i am from Guatemala City, in Central América! I just find your blog and fell in love with your family!
    I've been married for 10 years and we have three wonderful kids! Joaquin (8), Paulina (5) and Ana Victoria (5 months)
    Last week we went to the Texas Children Hospital at Houston, to confirm that Ana Victoria have Achondroplasia.
    I really need help 'cause i don't know the special things that i have to do with her! I´m very worry about the apneas and the foramen magnum.
    Can you help me by telling me how it was and what you did with your beautiful Lyla and the special cares you took with her and also how you handle the situation with Emma, my husband and i haven't tell our other kids about this situation 'cause we don't know how they are going to handle it. We love Ana Victoria she is our little miracle too, and we want the best for her.
    I really apreciate if you can help me,
    God bless you!
    My email is vitosini@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!

    Thanks for your comments on Ryan's adventures :)
    I just love your updates and can't get over how beautiful your girls are! Their outfits are always just so adorable! If I have a girl down the road I'm coming to you for wardrobe advice :)

    Looks like you guys also had an eventful and fun memorial ... And you even got a girls night! To bad we don't live closer, I think we would have a great time together! :) hopefully I have some girls night stories to share soon!

    Hope you guys are having a good start to the summer ... I look forward to seeing more updates soon!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stumbled across your blog after reading a comment you left on a blog I read. My little guy Cal was born 3 months ago and has achondroplasia. I would love to follow along and read about your sweet Lyla if you don't mind. I also started a blog for my little guy it is www.tinyhandsbigheart.blogspot.com. Your family is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!!!

    Thank you SO much for visiting my blog.

    I ADORE yours - Lyla is such a doll! I love that you put her milestones up, that info is VERY useful to new moms of Achon babies such as myself. I also like that your family has a pool and your girls love it. We have on too and I'm so concerned about when I can introduce Sianna to it. We are water people we love to swim, boat, vacation by the water, etc and I want her to be a part of that.

    Does Layla swim or enter the pool with assistance? Do you use flotation devices, etc?

    Cant wait to share info with you!!!

    Sincerely - Alisha & Sianna

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the booty shaking!! That is so adorable. We can't wait to meet these sweet girls!! Go Lyla!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on our wonderful life! Xoxo Leslie