Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Eddie Has Surgery and Some Summer Fun!

Eddie's Surgery!


     On Friday June 22, Eddie was complaining of severe stomach pain. I didn't think it was anything serious and basically brushed it off as being "food poisoning" or a "stomach virus". By 3 o'clock he was vomiting and looked very pale. He went to the emergency room and the doctors told him he needed to have emergency surgery! His appendix had to be removed immediately! I couldn't believe it because I was getting ready for our vacation.....packing suitcases, making lists, etc. The Granshaw Family was about to leave for Florida. Emma and Lyla were going to spend a week with my parents in Orlando while Eddie and I took a trip California by ourselves.
    Eddie not only had his appendix removed but the doctors also removed a hernia in his bellybutton. The poor guy had two surgeries!!! He spent 3 days in the hospital and has been recuperating at home. He cannot workout, lift anything, bend, run, etc. This is extremely hard on a man that lives a completely healthy and fit lifestyle. It also has been difficult for me because Eddie is such a hands on dad and helps me with EVERYTHING.
     The good news is Eddie rescheduled our trip! While in the hospital, I told Eddie that Emma was so upset that she wasn't going to Disney and the man rearranged everything......changing flights, rebooking hotels, etc. So now we will be going away the end of July. I am just so happy that Eddie is okay and is getting better day by day! This is why I haven't posted anything in a little while because I have been taking care of my hubby and the kids.

   
     In the meantime......It was my 12 year wedding anniversary! Eddie and I went out east to dinner and celebrated. We were supposed to be in Cali celebrating but he said he will make it up to me when we are on vaca. I had a wonderful time anyway!!

     I also have been keeping the girls very busy! Doing things with them everyday! Here are some pics of what we've been up to:
                                                           EDDIE RECUPERATING

                                           
                                                         ANNIVERSARY DINNER


                                                 
                                                                 SUMMER FUN!



Chillin at Aunt Michelle's House



Emma recently got glasses and she wears them for reading only
She loves her glasses!





7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Glad Eddie is okay! That must have been a bit scary! It looks like you guys are having a great summer...LOVE the boat! Emma's glasses are beautiful! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad he is feeling better. We really missed meeting sweet Emma and Lyla. I hope we will be able to meet up soon. Have a wonderful trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy... My hubby just had his appendix removed this past spring. It was really scary how sick he became out of no where! Hope Eddie is doing much better by now! Happy Anniversary!! We seem to be on the same wave length... Our 10th year was on June 22nd! Love all the pictures! Your kids are so precious!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad your hubby is doing well!

    Let me just say Emma is scrumptiously adorable in those specs :) LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow you have been busy! I'm so sorry to hear about Eddie! Poor guy ... Hopefully recovery is going quickly!
    I love your pics as usual the girls are soooo adorable!!!
    Eddie is amazing ... Rescheduling your trip! Yay! We are finally getting summer-like weather here in ca you will have a great trip!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi you! I've missed reading the blogs. Summer is so busy isn't it? My appendix ruptured just like Eddies. No warning fine then throwing up. Such a weird little organ? LOL body part. Once it's gone you don't need it but while you have it when it ruptures it can kill you... The girls are beautiful and you and E look fantastic! I can't wait to hear all about your rescheduled vaca. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, so glad to hear Eddie is okay! That must have been scary! Hopefully the doctors fixed him up good as new and you are all able to enjoy your vacation! Emma looks absolutely adorable in her glasses! Love seeing the pics of all your summer fun. Maybe we can get together before summer is over?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on our wonderful life! Xoxo Leslie