Monday, April 2, 2012

Lyla's Current Stats and Our Annual Egg Hunt!

Lyla's Stats!      

 Lyla had her 18 month well visit recently and here are her stats:
         
         Height - 26 inches
         Head Circumference- 20 1/2 inches
         Weight - 18 lbs. 8oz.

  All three stats are in the 50 %ile on the Achondroplasia charts. We are thrilled about this!

  I haven't called Early Intervention yet but plan on doing this soon. Her pediatrician said she will probably qualify for Speech Services due to her Achondroplasia diagnosis but she said she seems to be understanding everything very well. So our pediatrician had no major concerns about her speech at the current moment.

__________________________________________________________________________________

   Our 5th Annual Egg Hunt


       We had our neighborhood Egg Hunt on Sunday! I have been organizing this egg hunt for 5 years. Mostly all the houses participate and basically it's a GIANT neighborhood egg hunt! There are kids every where running from house to house grabbing as many eggs as possible. The kids seem to really enjoy this hunt. I am so happy I started it! My husband of course, is the Easter Bunny. I crack up when I see him coming outside. Luckily the weather was on the cooler side and he wasn't too hot in that costume. Here are some pics from our annual event!



Most people dream of Angels.....I get to hold two of them in my arms every day!

My beautiful daughters before the Egg Hunt
Cousin Katie, Lyla and Emma


Emma and Lyla waiting for the Easter Bunny

Here he is!!!!

This is how some of the kids reacted to the Easter Bunny......Crying, crying, crying.....and FEAR!!!

Taking a group pic! Keep in mind not all the kids wanted to get in the pic with the Easter Bunny.

Lyla and the Easter Bunny

Running around getting the eggs!

Emma and her cousin Katie in on the action!



Emma running around with some of her friends!


Eddie posing with some friends (I mean the Easter Bunny, LOL)

Lyla not sure if she likes the Easter Bunny
Here he is walking around the neighborhood!


Our sweet Lyla enjoying the kids running around

Lyla got her hands on an egg too!

This is what was inside one of her eggs....A Hershey Kiss! She ate A LOT of Candy! So did Emma!

Until Next Year!!! Thank you Neighbors for another fabulous egg hunt!



4 comments:

  1. you guys have the best activities!! Fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun! That Easter Bunny is such a good sport! How exciting that Lyla joined in on the candy fun this year...I can't resist candy myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I SNORTED over the kids crying over the EB. Poor EB!! E is a good sport. LOL I am so happy to see Lyla's well baby visit went so well! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like so much fun! Not sure how Madison is going to handle the Easter Bunny this year. It should be interesting. Sweet girls!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on our wonderful life! Xoxo Leslie